ATTENTION!! We only fulfill Outback Motortek orders placed from a Dutch address. If there is no exclusive Outback Motortek dealer in your country then please order at the International Outback Motortek webshop.
Upper Crash Bars:
One of our upper crash bars’ biggest advantage is the non-floating design. To achieve this, we’ve developed a heavy-duty bracket to support the upper section of the crash bars, thus the structure is reinforced to avoid flexing and collapsing during impact of a crash.
Please note: your KTM 1090/1190/1290R/S must be equipped with factory KTM lower crash bars to complete the fitment of our upper crash bars. On the KTM 1190 the upper crash bar will only fit on the 2015-2016 models (as on the earlier 1190 models the OEM bars are mounted 25mm lower)
Outback Motortek offers protection for your KTM's engine and its components such as exhaust header, oil cooler which may be badly exposed during off-roading without our skid plates. Protect your investment by investing into our engine protection.
Upper Crash Bars
- Hand MIG welded -it’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance. Although our welders make those welds look like art.
- High-quality 22mm steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – Matches the specs of the specs of the factory KTM crash bars.
- Less is often more.One of our goals was to preserve the low centre of gravity feature of the KTM 1090/1190/1290(R) Adventure by using the same tubing diameter as the KTM factory crash bars. Many other manufacturers use 25mm and even 27mm tubing to protect the upper part of your KTM but it adds up to 1-1.5kg extra, thus making it top heavier while not guaranteeing better impact absorption.
- Solid mounting points - No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of euro's.
- Stainless steel Hardware - These bolts and nuts will always and forever look nice and shiny. Unless your bike is covered in mud and dust…
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it”s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated -combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV bike!
- Protects crucial areas of the engine – oil pan, engine case, oil cooler, oil filter and partially the exhaust header.
- Entirely frame mounted – And another bonus is that we glue rubber strips on the inside of the skid plate to dampen vibration and to absorb impact.
- True off-road and adventure shape – What does that even mean?? It means we have experience in building top-notch bash plates. We avoid designing skid plates that are shaped like boxes, have sharp edges and corners and will guaranteed to restrict your rides off road. We design and build skid plates that you will only benefit from while riding on rough terrain.
- The only known design with ridges on the bottom of the skid plate – Ridges help the skid plate glide over hard objects with the least resistance. Most importantly though, these embossed ridges will REINFORCE the bottom of this bash plate without adding unnecessary weight.
- 4mm thick laser cut aluminum – Nothing is ever an overkill on an adventure bike, hence we choose to build our bash plates from this ridiculously tough and thick, yet lightweight material.
- Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!