New Release: now selling our upper crash bars in original KTM orange!
One of our upper crash bars’ biggest advantage is the non-floating design. To achieve this, we’ve developed a heavy-duty bracket to support the upper section of the crash bars, thus the structure is reinforced to avoid flexing and collapsing during impact of a crash.
Furthermore, we reduced the additional weight by using the same 22mm diameter tubing as the KTM factory crash bars, as opposed to other manufacturers who use 25 or even 27mm diameter tubing without proper support, such as the Outback Motortek signature bracket system. Please read below to find out more about our KTM Adventure upper crash bars features.
Please note: your KTM 1090/1190/1290R/S must be equipped with factory KTM lower crash bars to complete the fitment of our upper crash bars.
- Hand MIG welded -it’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance. Although our welders make those welds look like art.
- High-quality 22mm steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – Matches the specs of the specs of the factory KTM crash bars.
- Less is often more.One of our goals was to preserve the low centre of gravity feature of the KTM 1090/1190/1290(R) Adventure by using the same tubing diameter as the KTM factory crash bars. Many other manufacturers use 25mm and even 27mm tubing to protect the upper part of your KTM but it adds up to 1-1.5kg extra, thus making it top heavier while not guaranteeing better impact absorption.
- Solid mounting points - No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of euro's.
- Stainless steel Hardware - These bolts and nuts will always and forever look nice and shiny. Unless your bike is covered in mud and dust…
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it”s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated -combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV bike!