One of the biggest advantages of our crash bars system is the all around 27mm diameter tubing that rests on 5 mm thick steel mounting tabs and offers reliable protection for fairing and radiator.
The design is based on the philosophy that less is often more, hence we created a compact, sturdy set of crash bars that do not reach far away from its mounting points. This system perfectly complements the sporty, aggressive lines of the Africa Twin 1000.
Go directly to the crash test video on youtube .
- For maintenance of the air filter, the plastic fairings can still be removed with the crash bars mounted.
- These crash bars are compatible with 2018 regular and Adventure Sports models!
- Hand MIG welded -t’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance. Although our welders make those welds look like art.
- High-quality 27mm steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – any low quality steel tubing BELOW THESE SPECS will be crushed when your 200kg+ bike crashes into the ground. Our guards are designed to take the beat!
- Less is often more. We didn’t try to cover the whole entire bike with crash bars that look like a cobweb. The all new Honda Africa Twin 1000 has very few tough mounting points, thus it makes more sense to create one solid and compact crash bar that stays close to the few mounting points instead of being far spread out. Our compact and tough crash bars are the only way to go here to truly protect your Honda’s expensive and fragile parts.
- Solid mounting points - No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of euro's.
- Stainless steel Hardware - These bolts and nuts will always and forever look nice and shiny. Unless your bike is covered in mud and dust…
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it”s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated -combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV bike!
Crash Bar Installation: