The set consists of:
One of the biggest advantages of our crash bars system is the all around 27mm diameter tubing that rests on 5mm thick steel mounting tabs and offers reliable protection for fairing, radiator, engine case and other parts of the engine.
When designing these protective accessories, we had a different approach from other manufacturers. Keeping the high impact zone close to the toughest mounting points was our main goal and the result is a compact, extremely sturdy set of crash bars.
Right off the bat, you can see that it’s more than just an engine guard. The 27mm diameter reinforcement bar ties the engine guard and the crash bars together, increasing the strength of the overall system. This design allows for even large impacts to be distributed throughout the entire system, minimizing damage to the bike’s engine, frame and other vital components.
The engine guards are secured entirely onto the frame using 4 and 5mm steel tabs, knowing that the engine cases are the most exposed in all tip-overs, we designed these for maximum strength.
Go directly to the crash test video on youtube .
- For maintenance of the air filter, the plastic fairings can still be removed with the crash bars mounted.
- These crash bars are compatible with 2018 regular and Adventure Sports models!
- Hand MIG welded -t’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance. Although our welders make those welds look like art.
- High-quality 27mm steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – any low quality steel tubing BELOW THESE SPECS will be crushed when your 200kg+ bike crashes into the ground. Our guards are designed to take the beat!
- Less is often more. We didn’t try to cover the whole entire bike with crash bars that look like a cobweb. The all new Honda Africa Twin 1000 has very few tough mounting points, thus it makes more sense to create one solid and compact crash bar that stays close to the few mounting points instead of being far spread out. Our compact and tough crash bars are the only way to go here to truly protect your Honda’s expensive and fragile parts.
- Solid mounting points - No cutting corners here (either)! Precision laser cut pieces for perfect fitment using 5mm thick metal mounts. These parts absorb a lot of impacts from crashes, rather than your bikes chassis that”s worth thousands of euro's.
- Stainless steel Hardware - These bolts and nuts will always and forever look nice and shiny. Unless your bike is covered in mud and dust…
- Sandblasted to achieve the best possible adhesion of the coatings – it”s an extremely vital part of our manufacturing process. Sandblasted surfaces will withstand most surface scratches and give you a longer-lasting product.
- Powder coated -combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV bike!
Crash Bar Installation:
Engine Case Guard Installation: